Bohol City, Philippines - 3D2N
Date: December 27 - 29, 2017
Where: Bohol, Philippines
How to get there?
- Via SuperCat/Ferry
- Costs around 500 pesos ($20) per trip but this is economy.
- Note: All Trolley (small or big, even those which you hand carry in the airplane) need to be checked in and have to pay minimal fee for checking it in. It costs 100 pesos ($2) to check in 3 small trolley bags. Or just bring a huge backpack if you don't want to check in anything
No way to put your trolley bags anywhere
costs around 500 pesos for economy
- Kew Hotel - Room for 2 people - around 2500 Pesos ($50)
- Alona Tropical Resort - Room for 2 people - around 3000 Pesos ($60)
- Day Trip Tour (2nd Day)
- Day Trip Tour (3rd Day)
- I would have revised this if possible
- There is really nothing in Island City Mall as it is very small compared to the ones in Manila and Cebu.
- Why don't you take the Ferry early and arrive earlier before lunch and mebbe do the Day 2 tour but start with floating restaurant and then the rest
- Stay at the Alona Beach resort or some other restort for 2 nights then at least you are are the at beach for 2 nights.
Where to stay?
Costs: around 2.5K Pesos ($50) for a normal room for 2 person with Breakfast
Address: KEW HOTEL Building, infront of City Hall, J.A. Clarin St, Tagbilaran City, 6300 Bohol
- Near the Bohol Pier and Island City Mall. Pretty basic amenties, but clean and good. Very close to McDonalds :) and just right in front of their City Hall.
Alona Beach Resort
Costs: around 3K Pesos ($60) for a normal room for 2 person (without breakfast which costs like around 250 Pesos or ~$5 per person)
Address: Ester A. Lim Drive, Alona Beach, Barangay, Tawala, Panglao Island 6340 map
- We had rooms at the beach front area but TV wasn't working nor is WIFI working in the rooms (only in the lobby and restaurant).
- Pretty basic amenities and shower didn't really turn out hot.
- I think for basic amenities this is OK but don't expect a lot.
- Has a small beach resort and just beside Hennan hotel. Good thing is that this is a corner resort.
Day 1 - Island City Mall
- It's is just a 5-10 minute walk from Kew Hotel
- pretty Small and has basic shops and amenities
Day 2 - Bohol Tour
Apparently there are more than 1700 Hills covering 50 sq km and the name comes from the fact that the grass turns brown during the dry season looking like chocolate.
Not much but the tour guide is really funny!
TarsierSmallest Primate in the World
Man Made Forest
used during the WWII / Japanese Occupation so kinda historic and significant. This is made of Bamboo wood.
Twin hanging Bridge
Floating RestaurantPersonally skipped this one.. costs around 600 per person but accdg to the driver, pretty simple food so we opted to just eat somewhere else.
Baclayon Church2nd Oldest Catholic Church in Asia
Day 3 - Panglao Tour
Water is actually a combination of underwater and saltwater.