San Tung (Inner Sunset, San Francisco)
Michelin Website: https://www.viamichelin.com/web/Restaurant/San_Francisco-94122-San_Tung-468672-41102
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Address: 1031 Irving St, San Francisco, CA 94122
- October 8, 2017
- Place is just about right so there is enough space but there can be a bit of a wait as this place is quite popular.
- Service was quite good and fast, though the Fried Rice took ages before it arrived and served last (we should have prolly told them to serve it first).
- We ordered the following:
- Original dry-fried Chicken Wings
- This is a must-try as people come here for the chicken wings!
- Reminded me of Bon-chon! Kinda Sweet (not really spicy) and crispy! Yummmm! But I guess slightly better than Bonchon chicken since it is less sweet and prolly more "meaty".
- This is what Michelin Guide tells us
- If you don't know what to order, just repeat after us: dry-fried chicken wings. Tossed in a chili-flecked ginger glaze, they're the reason foodies flock to this tasty, Americanized Chinese spot, write their names on a whiteboard, endure a long wait on the sidewalk, and finally eat at a communal table with strangers. It's all part of the restaurant's ramshackle appeal (as are the ultra-affordable prices). Even if poultry's not your thing, the menu's other offerings are well worth the effort it takes to eat here. Dry-fried prawns are tossed in a sweet-and-spicy chili-garlic sauce, and hot and salty twice-cooked pork is fried with a heap of bell peppers and dried red chilies. Tables turn fast, so don't plan to linger-but for a filling meal, this one's a winner.
- Sauteed String Beans
- Cooked really well - crunchy and just perfect. The only thing that I don't like is that it is kinda sweet.. not sure if they added some Honey or sugar in it.
- Black Bean Noodles
- It was quite interesting .. I guess it tasted slightly different because they mixed Taro with it.
- Combinnation Fried Rice
- Shrimp, Beef, Chicken,, etc - Not really good. Skip this - tasted like Fried rice that you can buy from cheap Chinese fast food place. I even think Panda Express Fried rice is better.
- Pot stickers
- Quite good and huge... worth it!
- Sizzling Rice Soup
- It was quite interesting and good. Make sure you prepare your video camera when they are putting the crispy rice on the clear soup as you will hear it "sizzle"
Combination Fried Rice
Sizzling Rice Soup
Black Bean Noodle