Copenhagen - A Quick Guide
Tips: Depending on how much commuting you wanna do, you might wanna just get the city pass that allows you to travel around CPH for 24 hrs (80 DKK) or 72 hours (200 DKK ~ 33 USD) and allows you to go from airport and city (Zone 1 -4). It is good for the metro, train, bus, and the harbour bus/water taxi.
One way ticket to airport is 36 DKK and one ride in zone 1-2 is 24 DKK.
Do check out the Copenhagen card too if you are really interested in visiting the museums too.
Airport to City
- Very Easy and it's just there when you get out of the arrival area.
- 36 DKK for one way or part of a city pass (80 DKK for 24 hours and 200 DKK for 72 hours)
- Takes around 15-20 minutes to the Copenhagen Central Station, depending if it's a direct train or not
- Buy the Tickets from a red machine and then go to Spor 2 (platform 2) and you get off at Kobenhavn Central Station.
- The Postcard Picture of Copenhagen
- Lots of Restaurants and there's also the Harbour Bus Stop.
- Very colorful buildings.
- Considered the "city of quarters"
- This is actually very interesting place where people sell drugs and hash. Even if you don't smoke weed or anything, it is still interesting to SEE the place and see this place "IN" Copenhagen.
- It used to be that the sellers actually wear a black mask when I visited back in January 2016. But I visited yesterday (10/22/2017) and they weren't. I asked one seller why, and he said, people used to be scared because they might get photographed but now they don't really care anymore.
- Apparently, the police comes 2-3 times a week accdg to them.
- Marijuana and other drugs is illegal in CPH.
- Little Mermaid
- Do not expect much but this is just a status on a stone but obviously, other than the Nyhavn is the most famous attraction.
- Copenhagen Street Food
- Tivoli Food Hall
Vesterbrogade 3, 1630 København V, Denmark
+45 33 15 10 01
Interesting Park, not as big as Walt Disney but actually inspired the Walt Disney Theme Park.
110 DKK for Entrance or 290 with unlimited ride. If you are planning to take around 2-3 rides since it costs around 2-3 tickets and each tickets is 25 djk
The Thing is they don't have like an evening only ticket.
Øster Voldgade 4A, 1350 København, Denmark
+45 33 15 32 86
Food and Coffee
Original CoffeeIlum Rooftop
Illum, Østergade 52, 1001 København K
See Feedback here: http://www.justjek.com/2018/03/original-coffee-illum-rooftop.html
Situated at the rooftop of Illum department store, Has a great view of Storget (shopping area), Great coffee and view
Mad & KaffeRating: 4.5 out of 5 Star
Sønder Blvd. 68, 1720 København V, Denmark
+45 31 35 08 80
See Info: http://www.justjek.com/2018/03/mad-kaffee.html
- Very Instagrammable :)
- seems to be a popular brunch place for lovals with a bit of a wait. We were there around quarter to 11 am and only got our table like > 30 mins later.
- Interesting with 3, 5, and 7 for 85, 125, and 150 DKK respectively.
- Place is slightly bigger with two rooms but a bit cramped.
- Coffee was good though didn't see a nice latte art
- Food was quite good though seems really just a simple fare
Risteriet Coffee HalmtorvetInfo here: http://www.justjek.com/2018/03/risteriet-coffee-halmtorvet.html
Rating: 4 out of 5 star
Helgolandsgade 21, 1700 København V, Denmark
+45 33 91 00 45
Coffee was good though it wasn't nice as the ones I saw in the pictures. I ordered a small latte and it seems the bigger one had better leaf arts! Not much options for food in the morning but some cheese, charcuterie, and bread or their morning plate of yoghurt, bread cheese, charcuterie, jam, and latte for 100 DKK. They start serving paninis for lunch though.
Place is small but it wasn't that crowded so was easy to get a seat.
This seems to have a few locations and a good CPH coffee spot
Cafe det Vide Haus
See info: http://www.justjek.com/2018/03/cafe-det-vide-haus-copenhagen.html
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/detvidehus/
Address: Gothersgade 113, 1123 København (just across Rosenborg Palace/ Slot)
Rating: 5 out of 5
March 4, 2018
- Avocado Toast was amazing - seems to have a bit of seaweed, nuts, and furikake. The bread was thin, caramelized, and nutty, very tasty.
- Had Single Shot latte and it was good and milky the way I like it.
See Info: http://www.justjek.com/2018/03/prolog-coffee-bar-copenhagen.html
Prolog Coffee Bar
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/prologcoffeebar/
Address: Høkerboderne 16, 1712 København
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
- March 5, 2018
- A small coffee and you wouldn't even know unless you look at it as there is no "sign" but just a menu of the coffee.
- Love that this opens really early at 7 am
- Their Croissant and Cinnamon roll are in display and very tempting!
- latte is good, cinnamon roll is good - it is flaky and not too sweet, just perfect.
Copenhagen Street Food
See info: http://www.justjek.com/2018/03/copenhagen-street-food.html
Hal 7 & 8 Papirøen, Trangravsvej 14, 7/8, 1436 København K
Near the Opera House (though still a bit walk from there) but besides the arts center
October 21, 2017 (6.30 PM)
- I really like this place. A huge food place with all sorts of stuff. Seems to be popular for folks to go on a Saturday/Weekend Night.
- Food was quite good though well, this is CPH so still expensive.
- Had a nice mojito from Cocktails area - pretty but not good and costed 100 DKK
- Marrakesh - some flat bread with Chicken and Mozzarella but tasted meh
- Handmade - open sandwiches - we had the special roast pork loin at it was amazing for 100 DKK
- Brasa - Brazilian Churascarria
- Next time: some local seller told me that the two famous ones are the Brazilian Churascaria and the Duck Burger
Noma Under the Bridge
Address: Under the Knippelsbro Bridge, Copenhagen
See Blog here (http://www.justjek.com/2017/10/noma-under-bridge.html)