Dessert Republic San Mateo, California
Address: 138 Main St, San Mateo, CA 94401
- For Desserts - 4.5 out of 5 star
- For Food (non-desserts) - 3 out of 5 star
- Desserts were really good. I enjoyed the fact that they have something like this, kinda Hongkong or Singaporean Desserts which I can't easily find in the bay area.
- Molecular Desserts - were good, interesting, and very Instagrammable
- Food was just OK and actually would prolly opt to go somewhere else like Bonchon which is just a block away.
This is prolly what they are famous for. It's basically dessert that doesn't look like one. Looks really interesting.
Cheesecake bowl ($15.99)
When you take out that 'egg' part, there seems to be soup and Udon
This is the layers of the cheese
Ginger egg and milk pudding
Took 15 minutes to prepare.
I honestly didn't like it. It was weird to have ginger and was pretty sweet for me.
I think some people might like the gingery taste but not me.
Curry with Pork chop
This was prolly the better ones from the food that we ordered. Meat was good, curry was OK. Food was generally OK.
Mango Chicken Rice
It was like Sweet & Source Sauce but didn't really like it
Seafood Garlic Noodle
Too salty and tastes like some instant noodles
Just beside the parking structure
and the interior of the restaurant looks really cute since it looks like those chinese/Hongkong shops, as if you walk to Hongkong walking on a street of Chinese Shops.
This is how you call them to order food, water, bill, etc