4th of July - Independence Day Festivities and Fireworks in San Francisco
- Festivities at Pier 39
- Fireworks - at San Francisco Art Institute (800 Chestnut Street)
- July 4, 2017
- Pier 39 was pretty crowded but and a lot of live events. The streets were closed all the way down to North Point Street. Very festive and fun.
- San Francisco Art Institute was a good place to view the 2 fireworks. The other barge (pier 41) was not quite visible and hidden by the tree but not bad. It was also not that crowded.
- This was actually recommended in this article.
- Seems like as ALWAYS San Francisco is FOGGY. And you can see from the pictures that we didn't see much since it was foggy. I heard it was much worse the previous years. It was interesting to see some sort of a colored sky instead though.
San Francisco Art Institute - View of the Fireworks
"San Francisco Art Institute
Head back to school to watch fireworks from the roof terrace of The San Francisco Art Institute. The private art college has an outdoor courtyard at its campus on Chestnut between Jones and Leavenworth. Visitors are welcome to roam the halls and enjoy the Diego Rivera murals and come July 4th, those in the know can take in the fireworks in elevated style.
800 Chestnut Street (between Jones and Leavenworth)
San Francisco, CA
The rooftop Terrace
The View from the Rooftop Terrace